Cederberg Rock Art, Riel Dance & Wine Tour
Discover our rich Khoisan history and spend the day hiking, dancing and tasting wine.
We follow the scenic road over the Pakhuis Pass towards Calvinia and wind through the majestic Cederberg mountain range with its lively wind eroded rock animals and shapes.
We start the 5km Seville trail at Travellers’ Rest and follow the trail which winds along the Brandewyn river and visits nine sites of rock art paintings.
Lunch is at Elizabeth Fontein Primary School where we are met by the local “Riel dancers” for an Entertaining concert where we will choose the best “guest riel dancer”.
Winemaking in South Africa has been active since 1659, and small micro cellars are hidden away where you least expect it.
James, the young vibrant winemaker of Alpha Excelsior Wines is our host.
Here you can relax and taste his handcrafted wines, olive oil and olives, and we meet “Die Boef”.
There will be 2 photo stops along the way back.
(Riel dance is not available on Sundays)
Cederberg Rock Art, Riel Dance & Wine Tour Itinerary
• 07h00 Pickup from guesthouses in Lambertsbay
• 08h30 Start the hike at Traveller’s Rest
• 12h30 Lunch at Elizabeth Fontein Primary school
• 14h00 Wine & Olive tasting at Alpha Excelsior Wine Farm
• 15h30 Driving back to Lambertsbay
• 17h00 to 18h00 drop off in Lambertsbay & Clanwilliam
• Registered and accredited tour guide
• Transport from Lambertsbay and back
• Permit fees, Lunch & Tasting fees
• All day
• Pickup in Lambertsbay 07h00
• Drop-off in Lambertsbay between 17h00 – 18h00
Pricing is based on the number of guests
Minimum of 2 guests & maximum of 6 guests
Enquire for a quote
Please bring your own
Water & snacks for the morning, sun hat and sunscreen, insect repellent & handkerchief, camera, comfortable shoes, walking stick, binoculars, warm jacket
Optional or additional
• Breakfast, snacks & water for the duration of the morning
• Transport from Cape Town